Snoqualmie Falls is a popular scenic attraction that interests more than 1.5 million visitors a year. The park includes the Salish Lodge, viewing platforms, a gift shop, restrooms and the falls themselves. Starting in 2009 redevelopments for the park started, going on until Fall 2013. The park contains a new, redeveloped lower park, a redeveloped trail, and the Snoqualmie Falls Hydroelectric Museum located across the river.
The park is open from dawn until dusk and is free (including parking). Pets are allowed, but they are required to be on leash. Several viewing platforms are ADA approved, so everyone should be able to get a good look at the falls.
The falls are 270 feet (10 stories higher than Niagara Falls) and drop into a 65 foot deep pool. In 1898, Charles Baker began construction on the first power plant. In 1910, plant 2 was added and in 1957 it was expanded. Recent construction has also updated the power plants, making them more efficient and able to provide clean energy to the surrounding area.
For more information on the Falls, please click HERE.
For more information on the Falls nature trail from the upper park to lower park, click HERE.
For more information on the history of the falls, click HERE.
For questions regarding Puget Sound Energy and the Hydroelectric Museum, click HERE.