• Upcoming Events
  • Permits and Regulations

  • Park Permits and Regulations

    Different parks, hiking trails and other scenic areas in the valley require parking passes.  These passes vary depending on who owns and maintains the park but are both easy to get. 

    Discovery Passes are $10/car for a day pass or $30 annually.  You can buy the Discovery Pass online or in various locations in the area.  To buy the Discovery Pass online, click HERE, or to learn where you can buy one click HERE.  To learn more about the Discovery Pass, click HERE.  To learn about what popular trails in the area need the Discovery Pass, click HERE.

    The Northwest Forest Pass is also another pass needed in the area.  Day passes are $5/car or $30 annually.  You can also buy the Northwest Forest Pass online or in several locations around the area.  To learn more about the Northwest Forest Pass, click HERE.  To buy the pass online, click HERE, or to learn where you can purchase one, click HERE.  To learn what popular trails in the valley need the Northwest Forest Pass, click HERE and to learn of other places that need the Northwest Forest Pass, click HERE.

    Washington State fishing regulations can be found HERE.  You can also buy your license online (HERE) or visit a vender in the area.  For a list of venders, click HERE.


    City Permits and Regulations

    Permitting in the Snoqualmie Valley is determined by location.  If you are in the cities of North Bend or Snoqualmie, permits and licenses are all city matters. 

    Business License:

    For more information on North Bend permits, click HERE.

    For more information on Snoqualmie permits, click HERE.

    Locations outside of the cities are considered part of unincorporated King County and permitting is up to the county.  Businesses in King County are required to have a license if they are 1) a business that engages in regulated activity and 2) are located in and/or operates in unincorporated King County.  According to Title 6 of the King County Code (HERE) regulated activities include amusement parks and places, amusement devices, carnivals, go-cart tracks, video games, pool tables, outdoor and indoor entertainment, dancers, adult entertainment establishments, massage and bathhouse businesses, process servers, secondhand dealers, pawnshops, charitable organizations, taxicab and drivers, pet shops, kennels, grooming businesses or theaters.  More information can be found on the King County webpage (click HERE) or by calling their number (206)-269-6600.

    You might also need to obtain a Washington State business permit.  Information about that can be found through Washington State business licensing at 306-664-1400, (for their website, click HERE) or through email at BLS@dor.wa.gov.  


    Housing Permits

    Information about housing permits can be found at My Building Permits or HERE.  My Building Permits provides information for all of the Puget Sound area.  Information about building in Snoqualmie can also be found on the resident section of their website, or by clicking HERE.