SCOPE: This position reports to the Director of Development and focuses on securing philanthropic support from individual donors who are passionate about early childhood development. The Donor Engagement Associate is responsible for developing strategies for donor engagement, solicitation, and stewardship and for securing philanthropic support from some of the organization’s top donors through personal solicitation.
Encompass is in the final phase of an $8.3 million-dollar capital campaign. The Donor Engagement Associate will support both the capital campaign and operational fundraising within the duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Director of Development, develop, implement and lead the individual giving program, with a primary focus on creating strategies to expand philanthropic support from major donors to support organization’s mission.
- Manage a portfolio of 40 - 60 current and prospective individual donors.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding top donors.
- Regularly monitor progress toward fundraising goals and other key benchmarks, provide regular progress reports and lead course correction efforts to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Ensure the implementation of meaningful donor engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate effectively with all members of the Development team and be a key contributor to creating and sustaining a culture of excellence and high performance.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards by honoring the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Five to seven years of successful experience in major gift fundraising, securing gifts of $5K+.
- Deep understanding of best practices in donor-centric fundraising and moves management.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and the ability to develop effective engagement and solicitation strategies for a diverse group of individual donors.
- Understanding of best practice in donor stewardship and experience in developing high-impact, cost- effective stewardship approaches.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to understand the needs and interests of donors. Well-developed listening skills and the desire to hear people’s stories.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing about the impact of Encompass in the lives of children and families.
- Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple deadlines and complete projects on time.
30 hours per week
$27.46 – 41.18/hour, DOE
Encompass Early Learning Center, 1407 Boalch Ave. NW, North Bend WA 98045
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree combined with five years professional experience in field.
- Certified Fundraising Executive Certification
- Current Washington State Driver’s License
Work is conducted in a typical office environment. Must be available to attend meetings, functions, and events after normal business hours. Extended standing may be required. Must be mobile and able to lift 50 pounds.
Send resume/application to:
Encompass, Attn: Kristin Webb, Director of Administration, 1407 Boalch Ave NW, North Bend WA 98045 or email to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on gender, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.