SCOPE: The Early Intervention Mental Health Therapist will provide mental health intervention to support children and their families from birth to three years old in home or community-based program settings. Specifically, this position focuses on using a parent coaching model and utilizes evidence-based practices to support attachment related concerns, impacts of trauma and social emotional delays as appropriate. The Early Intervention Mental Health Therapist will work as a member of the larger Early Intervention team to support children from a whole child/whole family perspective with a focus on the integration of both physical and mental health services to support each unique child.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide services to children and families, offering parent participation during treatment to encourage parent involvement and training
- Monitor treatment progress
- Evaluate children for program qualification
- Develop on-going individualized goals and regular progress reports
- Participate with team members on a regular basis and provide inter-disciplinary consultations with other therapists as needed
- Complete written daily treatment notes in a timely manner to document services rendered
- Maintain records on each child as mandated to monitor progress
- Include parents in decision making opportunities at progress report/reassessment periods
- Monitor and track caseload requirements with on-going new referrals
- Participate in staff development/training opportunities
- Ability to work collaboratively with parents, caregivers, and professionals
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A fundamental understanding of current issues and challenges facing individuals from underserved communities including sensitivity to racial equity/diversity
- Willingness to support team in delivery of evidence-based practices through reflective supervision and ongoing training
- Other duties as assigned
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: Encompass Pediatric Therapy Clinic, 209 Main Avenue So., North Bend, WA 98045
- Valid Washington State professional license for providing Early Intervention services in Washington State (e.g. LMHC, LMFT, LICSW), or related associate license
- Infant and child CPR, first aid, and blood borne pathogens training within 90 days of hire
- Must have valid current Washington State Driver’s License and vehicle insurance
- Pass Washington State DSHS criminal history and background check and FBI fingerprint check if not in state for more than the past 3 years
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess a positive attitude and friendly manner with strong verbal and written communication skills
- First Aid and Infant Toddler CPR certification required within 90 days of hire
- Reflective Consultation experience
- Certified as a Promoting First Relationships provider (or eligible to become certified upon hire)
- Infant Mental Health Endorsement level III or higher or ability to obtain.
- Bilingual, preferably in English/Spanish
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This is an active job requiring lifting of up to 50 lbs., frequently squatting, sitting on the floor and active work with children. Incumbent may come into contact with body fluid.
Send resume/application to: Kristin Webb, Human Resource Manager, Encompass, 1407 Boalch Ave NW, North Bend, WA 98045 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on gender, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.